The Sovereign - eldest among the Vampires, and leader of the Vampirim - has called you to Conclave for an unprecedented announcement...
Promis Vampirim events are designed with the intention of creating moments of interaction between characters for letter fodder & providing context or a reason to write to someone. They are not intended for lengthy roleplay.
How the Event Works
1. RSVP to the event and let us know your character will be attending (whether or not you as a player are participating).
2) ISO/ad: Write a brief, open-ended situation which involves your character and is open to at least one other person.
3) Reply: An interested character writes their hypothetical involvement/reaction to the scene, being flexible with how the moment might end. Note: Your reply should be interesting. Don't just reply to an ad because you feel obligated. Not all replies can be accepted, because there are a limited number of accept actions.
4) Accept: Choose replies, including writing a brief "final word" to cement the event resolution.
Choose between having a Lump Sum of ads, replies, and accept actions or having Budgeted Caps on replies and accepts.
For both Lump Sum and Budgeted Caps, the number of ISO/ads and the sum of all actions is the same: When a Lump Sum player has expended all of their actions, they can't do any more replies or accepts. When a Budgeted Caps player has expended of one action type, they can't make more of those but they can still make their allotted amounts of the other.
Click the images below to access the airtable forms and views for this event. You will need to have RSVP'd and have your Player ID number handy.
OPENS 2/5 via email
Reply to ISOs and write the potential next part of the interactive moment...
OPENS 2/10 via email
Accept the replies to your own ISO that intrigue, delight, or scandal...
OPENS FEB 10th
Read the final moments and know what happened at the event for letter writing.
Conclave is a rare event these decades. Politics, socializing, or at the very least seeing who's still alive (or unliving as it were) makes this an event not to be missed. Solidify old alliances, make new connections, or just see what the fuss is about...
Your presence is expected...
ISO Ads are created in area locations at a chosen time, with a chosen interaction style. This helps players track their interactions through the event, and increases immersion for this digital component.
Remember: you can not be in two places at the same time!
Choose the Location of your Ads.
Courtyard: Large blooms of rhododendron bushes line the cobblestone walks, paper lanterns floating above their branches. Lining up behind them like a phalanx of soldiers are elder cyprus trees leading to a central fountain, its basin spilling over with a medley of sweet smelling blooms.
Frigidarium: This majestic (and mildly chilly) space was designed to impress; frescoes by the old masters cover the surfaces and exquisite statues create intimate spaces along the walls and corners for quiet conversations while others dance in a central open space to a live quartet.
"Bar": Warm-bodied (and clearly willing) attendants mingle amongst the guests; these “on-tap” refreshments come in every blood type to suit any taste. For the Comar Vitalis, and those others partaking, smaller stations offer top-shelf spirits. They also stock synthetic and ox blood should one prefer.
Library: Row after row, stack after stack, rare books sit out for the bibliophile to be distracted by. Yet only the most devoted will discover the secret scrolls from Alexandria that are hidden in various compartments.
Pools: The torch-lit walls of this room feature maze-like textures that are engrossing to the easily distracted. Or is that the perfume of the lotus flower bouquets that float on the water?
Salon / Relaxation Room: Quieter than the Frigidarium and yet a little more public than the library (and certainly drier than the Pools), the Salons serve as intimate spaces for quiet conversations. No easy task, with sumptuous furnishings that invite you to linger, to sink deeper into the cushions.
Temple: A reverent space, this temple to an ancient God seems active still. A shrouded figure in gauzy red stands in shadows to the side, the fabric of her robes seeming to move in a breeze of her own making.
Caldarium: Devoid of any modern convenience, this private chamber for official Conclave business is lined with soft torches and low (uncomfortable?) stone benches. The wooden floor has been maintained, though the sunken bath of hot water is no longer present. Doors open at precisely midnight when Conclave is Summoned, though the brave or foolish may pay tribute/lip service to the Sovereign throughout the night in this room.
Interaction styles are intended to help a reader interpret what the intention or mood of an interaction is meant to be. The interaction styles for this event are: Bold, Charming, Flirtatious, Playful, Cool, Friendly, Anxious.
Unsure just how to write an ISO? Here are some examples that create open-ended moments for others to reply to. In this case, Lord BludMuffin is the character posting the ISO:
1. Entranced by the activity in Gardens, Lord BludMuffin tentatively reaches out to pet a scorpion, completely unaware of the goat coming up behind him. Are you nearby to give him a warning? Or would you rather see what chaos ensues with the goat, the Lord, and the scorpion?
(Location: Courtyard, Time: 11pm, Interaction Style: Playful)
2. The aroma of the bar is too much to resist and filling a glass Lord BludMuffin takes a seat at the table, happy for a moment of rest. The chair next to him is open and just waiting for someone to fill it... Do you sit and talk with him? Perhaps ask a question or simply get to know him more?
(Location: Bar, Time: 1am, Interaction Style: Charming)
RSVP from January 29th -February 4th.
Event runs from February 5th - 15th.