Lord Byron is hosting a party, but you shouldn't be on the guest list. Somehow, you have a mysterious invitation, and a strong 'request'. What will you do and who will you see? Your absence will be noted...
Yours, Etc. events are designed with the intention of creating moments of interaction between characters for letter fodder & providing context or a reason to write to someone. They are not intended for lengthy roleplay.
How the Event Works
1. RSVP to the event and let us know your character will be attending (whether or not you as a player are participating).
2) ISO/ad: Write a brief, open-ended situation which involves your character and is open to at least one other person.
3) Reply: An interested character writes their hypothetical involvement/reaction to the scene, being flexible with how the moment might end. Note: Your reply should be interesting. Don't just reply to an ad because you feel obligated. Not all replies can be accepted, because there are a limited number of accept actions.
4) Accept: Choose replies, including writing a brief "final word" to cement the event resolution.
Choose between having a Lump Sum of ads, replies, and accept actions or having Budgeted Caps on replies and accepts.
For both Lump Sum and Budgeted Caps, the number of ISO/ads and the sum of all actions is the same: When a Lump Sum player has expended all of their actions, they can't do any more replies or accepts. When a Budgeted Caps player has expended of one action type, they can't make more of those but they can still make their allotted amounts of the other.
Click the images below to access the airtable forms and views for this event. You will need to have RSVP'd and have your Player ID number handy.
OPENS MARCH 5th via email
Reply to ISOs and write the potential next part of the interactive moment...
OPENS 3/10 via email
Accept the replies to your own ISO that intrigue, delight, or scandal...
OPENS MARCH 10th
Read the final moments and know what happened at the event for letter writing.
Lord Byron is a Polarizing Poet, eccentric, even for an artist. His parties, balls and other events are a must to attend... provided you're on the guest list and willing to walk to the edge (or beyond) of scandal.
What goes on at this event is anyone's guess, as is just what made you decide to make an appearance...
Your absence will be noted...
ISO Ads are created in area locations at a chosen time, with a chosen interaction style. This helps players track their interactions through the event, and increases immersion for this digital component.
Remember: you can not be in two places at the same time!
Choose the Location of your Ads.
Drawing room: A spacious room filled with chairs and settees for lounging, this room is a social hub of the evening. Someone plays a pianoforte, another sketches guests in the corner, and others dance.
Kitchen: The sweet aroma of baked apples and cinnamon layered over other, meatier dishes, waft from this room. Platters of food are laid out waiting to be sent upstairs or passed among the guests.
Gardens: Well-tended and large for the Town, spring has started to bud here. Animals mill about (three peacocks, a crow, badger, two foxes and goat) under the bright, twinkling stars.
Library: “A warm and inviting room, clearly a favourite space. There are many books to choose from, but one draws attention: on a large writing desk by the window, lays an open book, the page deliberately chosen and clearly marked.”
Sitting Room: Here are tables for cards or other games, a place to relax, have a cigar or cup of tea. It’s quieter here, much more pleasant for conversation.
Dining Room: A table is laid out with an impressive spread; open chairs for those who wish to rest and partake. On the wall hangs a portrait of a bear dining inside Trinity College.
Locked room: Accessible if you know where to find a key...
Chamber: A private space, opulently decorated and a delight for the senses. A perfect place for a quiet moment away, or a discreet interaction.
Interaction styles are intended to help a reader interpret what the intention or mood of an interaction is meant to be. The interaction styles for this event are: Bold, Charming, Flirtatious, Playful, Cool, Friendly, Anxious.
Unsure just how to write an ISO? Here are some examples that create open-ended moments for others to reply to. In this case, Lord Muffin is the character posting the ISO:
1. Entranced by the activity in Gardens, Lord Muffin tentatively reaches out to pet a peacock, completely unaware of the goat coming up behind him. Are you nearby to give the Lord a warning? Or would you rather see what chaos ensues with the goat, the Lord, and the peacock.
(Location: Gardens, Time: 11pm, Interaction Style: Playful)
2. The aroma of the food is too much to resist and filling a plate Lord Muffin takes a seat at the table, happy for a moment of rest. The chair next to him is open and just waiting for someone to fill it... Do you sit and talk with him? Perhaps ask a question or simply get to know him more?
(Location: Dining Room, Time: 1am, Interaction Style: Charming)
RSVP from Feb 20th - March 4th.
Event runs from March 5th - 15th.